Monday 9 June 2014

Recent Beauty Buys

Palmers Natural Bronze Body Lotion - I bought this product because I am looking for something that will not only moisturise my skin but will also give me a natural looking tan in preparation for my holiday. There is no way I am going on holiday looking pale - I don't go anywhere looking pale! Originally I planned to go on sun beds before my holiday but I have now decided I am totally against sun beds for obvious reasons and of course sunny days in England aren't very reliable so I am going to have to fake it. I haven't used any self tanning products for a while because I usually have a weekly spray tan but I won't be getting a sprayed for holiday because a spray tan would fade quicker than usual from the chlorine and I would then have to have a deep exfoliating session at some point in the holiday and it is just too hot to be doing that in Cyprus, also I am going on holiday with 3 other girls so I don't want to be hogging the bathroom for any longer than I will be already. With this product I can reapply through out my holiday and be looking sun kissed all week, no one has to know my tan is from a bottle. In the past I have used Dove Summer Glow as a tinted body moisturiser but I opted for Palmers this time because I love their original body lotion, it smells gorgeous. Yesterday I used it for the first time and I will be applying a second coat tonight, so far I am impressed, I have a really light tan at the minute but I will be building it up. I find some moisturisers are too thick but I like the consistency of this product, it is really easy to apply and leaves my skin looking and feeling great!



Argan Oil Hydrating Hair Mask - My hair has been feeling dry lately which I think is due to frequently washing and using heat on it - which I have not cut down on. I feel like my hair needs a boost so I have been buying some new products because as I said in a previous post I really want to get my hair in good condition for my holiday. Argan oil is highly recommended for hair and when I seen this product in savers for only £1.00 I had to try it. I used this product this morning and as I am writing this I am waiting for my hair to dry (I prefer to let my hair dry naturally) I washed my hair as normal with shampoo and conditioner and then applied the hair mask, it says to leave the mask for 7-10 minutes but I left it in for around half an hour for a deep treatment as I exfoliated my skin. I am hoping this product will work on my hair but for £1.00 it is at least worth a try. I will let you know my thoughts after a few applications. 



Pantene Dry Oil with Argan Oil - Pantene is an established hair care brand so when I found this product in savers for around £4.00 which I thought was pretty cheap, I thought it was worth a try. I have been using this product for a week now after every wash, although I can't say the results are amazing I definitely think my hair is feeling less dry and I think it has also made my hair look shinier and healthier. The directions say to use a small amount on damp hair but I have also used a little on the ends of my hair when it is dry too. So far I am pleased with this product and hope it will help to revive my hair in the long run. 



NARS Lipgloss 'Turkish Delight' - This was featured in my 'May Makeup Wish List' post and I finally got my hands on in last month when I came across a NARS counter. The main reason I wanted to buy this is because it is product Kim Kardashian has been known for using and I wanted to try my first NARS product. Unfortunately I have not been so impressed; firstly the lipgloss is so over priced, along with the rest of the NARS product line (some of which may be worth the price but I am yet to try). Another thing I don't like about this lip gloss is that it leaves my lips feeling dry which I have never found with a lip product I have used before. However the colour is different to any other lip gloss in my collection so I have been trying it out with some makeup looks and I found the colour of the lip gloss complimented my eye makeup. My over all opinion is that it is not worth £18.50 and I prefer a more vibrant colour on my lips because I think this colour can I be a little draining and if I was going to splurge on an expensive lip gloss I would prefer to save a few pounds and head to the MAC counter, although the Chanel lip glosses look gorgeous but I will have to read a few more reviews before I invest! 

No comments:

Post a Comment