Tuesday 18 November 2014

Jennifer Lopez: My Style Icon

Every time I see a picture of Jennifer Lopez I am stunned, she amazes me because she is always so on point, she wears the most amazing, stand out clothing and her hair and makeup is flawless, not to mention she is 45 and has the body of a Goddess. I've talked about her style in some of my previous posts but this year I have seen her looking phenomenal in some beautiful attire and I feel the need to express how much I adore her style. 
Jennifer Lopez is my ultimate fashion icon and what I love about her is that she always surprises me. Don't get me wrong I love Kim Kardashians style, but it's quite predictable and we see her up and down our news feeds every day, where as J.Lo isn't quite as publicised as she once was but when she does make an appearance, she will be seen wearing something exciting and unique, she isn't afraid to experiment with bright colours and prints and different styles, which is a far cry from Kims tight dresses and 'all black everything'. 


Below I have put together some of my favourite J.Lo looks, a lot of which are from American Idol shows in which she is a judge.


This image is a appeared on my Instagram today and made me want to write this post. Here J.Lo is back in 2011 at the Fox Searchlight Golden Globes party looking as beautiful as ever in a Marchesa feathered dress and Christian Louboutin heels. 


From neutral to bold. Here is J.Lo in May of this year at a American Idol results show wearing a tangerine dress by Bec & Bridge and Christian Louboutin heels and she has gone for natural looking make up with an orange lipstick that coordinates with her dress. 


J.Lo has been seen wearing a lot of leopard print in her time but this mini dress and blazer combo has got to be my favourite. I done some research and found this 2 piece is from fashion stylist Rachel Zoes pre-fall 2013 collection, she teamed the sequin dress with glossy black heels and sleek straight hair. 


I have never watched American Idol but I think it might be worth a viewing just to see what J.Lo is wearing. Here she wears a sequin Fyodor Golan dress and gold Casadei pumps. I love the iridescent colours and how the style of the dress hugs her figure but I can't help thinking mermaid...in a good way! 


J.Lo channels 'Clueless' in a mini snakeskin dress complete with a cute matching bag and heels, all from D Squared 2. 


She looked incredible at the 2014 Fashion Rocks event wearing a revealing cut out dress by Versarce, she wore huge hoops in contrast with the gold in her dress, a slick ponytail and warm toned smokey eyes.


One of J.Lo's most talked about moments this year has got to be when she walked the red carpet at the VMAS looking a million dollars wearing that sparkling sivler Charbel Zoe gown. She let the dress do the talking as she wore understated makeup and sleek straight hair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment