Thursday 19 February 2015

Recent Beauty & Makeup Haul


Recently I have bought some makeup and beauty products which are all very new and exciting to me. I have been trying most of these products out over the past few weeks but some I have just bought today that I want to include in this post whilst they are new and fresh on my mind!  



MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Illuminating Base (Radiant Yellow) 

This purchase was actually a mistake on my behalf, I pointed this moisturiser out to the MAC makeup artist thinking it was the 'Skin Base Visage' primer; both these products are in very similar packaging which I wasn't aware of. However I've been wanting to try some new face products and luckily I'm pleased with how this product works so it wasn't a complete a waste of money as it is getting used daily, I will just have to make sure to pick up a primer on my next visit. I use this as my moisturiser and apply it immediately before foundation, it brightens my skin and gives me a healthy glow. Although I see this product as more of a moisturiser it claims to 'hydrate and prime skin to improve foundation and powder  application' I must say I agree and I have noticed a difference in the outcome of my foundation, it blends easier, doesn't look cakey and is longer lasting. I have only used this with Kevyn Aucoin SSE but I am loving the combination on the two and is certainly competition for my beloved Charlotte Tilbury 'Light Wonder' Foundation. 

Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer 'SX08' 

This is a multi-purpose product which can be used as a full coverage foundation, concealer highlighter or mixed with a moisturiser or facial oil for a tinted moisturiser effect. Buying this online was a risk but I heard so many great reviews I had try it for myself. I had no tester so I had to guess my shade with other bloggers comparisons to MAC foundation shades. It is pricey at £34.00 for only 18 grams and although I knew the product was going to be small I couldn't believe quite how small it was when it arrived. Luckily I am happy with the shade I chose, this shade was compared to a MAC NC 30 which is what I used to wear. 
When I first tested the product I wasn't immediately impressed, the consistency is a lot different to the foundations I usually use as it is a thick gel-like texture and very pigmented. However after playing with the product and trying different techniques of application I have learned to love this as a foundation and I am using it daily. 
Only a small amount of product is needed with each use as a little goes a long way and thats why it comes in a such a small package. As a foundation this works best applied to skin which is freshly moisturised so that the foundation can slip and blend easily.
 To apply I pick up a small amount of product and evenly distribute it on all areas of my face before blending it out either with a Real Techniques Stippling Brush or a damp beauty blender I bought off Ebay (I'm not paying £15.00 for the original beauty blender any time soon, a sponge is a sponge).
I love this foundation because it is so versatile, I can have a full coverage foundation for a night out or I can create a tinted moisturiser for a day time and either way I wear it, it is long lasting and stays in place. As a foundation it doesn't look cakey or feel heavy, my skin looks and feels flawless, fresh and luminous. 



YSL Palette Ombres De Jour (5 Color Ready-To-Wear)

When I clocked this limited edition palette I had to have it before it flew off the shelfs. The sleek and sparkly pink, gold and black packaging is to die for and so me! This is not a product hidden in my makeup storage, instead it is displayed on my dressing table alongside my other favourite luxury products. Inside holds 5 eyeshadows; 3 neutral shades, a shimmering black, a pop of pink and 2 small brushes. I love the ready-to-wear colour combination making this a great palette for on-the-go. This is my first time using YSL eyeshadows and I would say the formula is quite similar to Urban Decay eyeshadows but with less fall out. Personally I don't think MAC can be beaten for eyeshadows as they are so densely pigmented but I am happy with this purchase, I'm sure it will get lots of use and its always exciting to try new products, especially when they're this pretty.  



YSL Rouge Volupte 29 'Rose Opera' (Silky Sensual Radiant Lipstick) 

I included this in my 'Luxury Makeup Wish List' post which you can find here. I have been admiring this beautiful lipstick collection for a long time but its took me all this time to buy because I always find myself getting carried away at the MAC counter buying MAC lipsticks and MAC everything! 
YSL have done it again with this stunning packaging and obviously I can't hide this one away either, its stood right next to my YSL palette on my dressing table. I opted for a pink lipstick for a change because I've been wearing a lot of nude and neutral shades lately. This is the perfect pink lipstick for me; its a medium pink with neutral undertones which I prefer against my skin tone rather than a pink with blue undertones. The formula of this lipstick is very creamy and moisturising so the lipstick just glides right on. It's very pigmented so only a little product needs to be applied for a full coverage glossy finish. 


Tom Ford Lip Color 04 'Indian Rose'

For a long time I have been dying to get my hands on some Tom Ford products but it is some of the most expensive makeup I have came across and I couldn't quite fathom spending £37 on a lipstick alone, but as usual I caved and bought the makeup... The only problem is now I want to buy more and I've got a holiday to pay for! But for now I will settle with this gorgeous lipstick in the shade 'Indian Rose' which is absolutely perfect everyday use. It has been compared to a popular lipstick by MAC 'Pink Treat'. It is a very neutral shade; a rosey-pink, almost like an amplified version of my natural lip colour. The formula feels light on my lips and is creamy and moisturising and the finish is opaque with a sheen. 


Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner 'Junkshow'

Lately I've been loving glitter eye makeup so this eyeliner was a must have. There are 7 colours in this collection and of course I went for the pink with iridescent glitter. These eyeliners are a great and easy way to spice up a smokey eye, and take a look from day to night. The glitter glides on and applies smoothly and stays put for sparkling eyes that last all night. 


Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil 'Perversion'

This eyeliner is blacker than black and stays put all day/night. The pencil glides on so smoothly making it perfect for use on my waterline which is what I specifically bought this liner for. 


MAC Technakohl Eyeliner 'Snowed In'

 I wanted a white/cream eyeliner to use in my waterline to give the illusion or brighter and more awake eyes. Unfortunately I haven't been impressed with this liner, its not very pigmented at all and doesn't show up on my waterline. This is definitely something I regret buying, next time I would like to try an Urban Decay white/cream eyeliner and hopefully it will be as impressive as their black eyeliner. 


In Extreme Dimension 3d Black Lash 

I have finally invested in a new mascara because I am so bored of my Barry M mascara - its only benefit is that it is 100% waterproof and smudge proof. On my last 2 visits to the MAC counter the makeup artists have asked me what mascara I am using, the first time I resisted buying but the second time the girl really sold this product to me. She said that it is completely smudge proof and it will separates all my lashes giving them length, volume and curl. She also said that if this product doesn't work for me I should bring it back for a refund which I think is brilliant but hopefully I won't have to do that.


MAC Eyeshadow 'Tempting'
I haven't bought eyeshadow in a while after spending most of last year buying eyeshadows to fill my MAC palette but after seeing a makeup tutorial with this eyeshadow I had to have it, after all my 'Mythology' eyeshadow is almost empty and I need to replace it with something. This colour is described by MAC as 'sinfully rich coco' - I'm not sure what that means but I would say its a bronzey brown with gold shimmer, a really gorgeous colour which I know I will be using a lot! 


Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment