Thursday 9 April 2015

Recent Makeup Look: Purple Eyes

Another night in lead to me creating this makeup look. As I've said many times purple makes green eyes pop which makes it one of my favourite colours to wear although its not always easy to wear as its such a vibrant colour which could clash with particular outfits, hence the lilac top! However when I do get the opportunity to wear purple eyeshadow I go all out like I did with this look. For my face I stuck to my usual face routine with heavy contouring and highlighting, and for my lips I chose a pink lipstick with blue/purple undertones which complimented my eyeshadow. 


step by step tutorial.
eyes 
  • As always I began with a fresh face, I like to start with my eye makeup because if there is any fall out from eyeshadow or glitter I can easily wipe it away with a facial wipe and not have to worry about reapplying foundation and concealer later. 
  • The next step is to apply my eye primer, as usual I used MAC 'Painterly' Paintpot
  • For my base colour I used MAC 'Plum Dressing' Eyeshadow I applied this allover my lids.
  • I then applied MAC 'Stars & Rockets' Eyeshadow in the centre of my lids on top of 'Plum Dressing', plum dressing is a lilac eyeshadow with blue undertones which reflects in the light. Applying this colour in the centre give the eyeshadow some dimension. 
  • To create some shape and definition I took MAC 'Push The Edge' pigment (limited edition 'Nocturnal' collection '14) on a pencil brush and applied it to the outer corners and through the crease. I then blended the edges out ever so slightly with a fluffy brush because I wanted to keep the darkest colour in the outer corners and crease only.
  • For more definition in the corners I used MAC 'Beauty Marked' Eyeshadow which is black, I applied this in the outer corners only to darken and create the outer 'v' shape. 
  • I then applied a purple glitter (unbranded) which isn't very visible in the pictures. I dabbed some fixing gel on top of the base colour and then lightly dusted on the glitter with a fluffy brush.
  • As a transition colour to blend the purple out I used MAC 'Sushi Flower' Eyeshadow. This colour was used above the crease and meets the brow bone highlight shade. 
  • For my brow bone highlight I used MAC 'Vanilla' Pigment.
  • For my inner corner highlight I used MAC 'Gleam' Eyeshadow.
  • I used MAC Liquidlast Eyeliner along my lash line to make my lashes appear thicker.
  • To line my waterline I used Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the colour 'Perversion'.
  • For my lower lash line I used 'Push The Edge' in the outer corners and 'Plum Dressing' towards the inner corners. 
  • I coated my eyelashes with MAC In Extreme Dimension 3D Black Lash Mascara before adding Ardell false lashes (I'm unsure of the name/number).


face
(this is my typical face routine which you have read in my previous posts) 
  • firstly I cleaned up any eyeshadow/glitter fall out with a facial wipe, I then used MAC Prep + Prime Natural Radiance Illuminating Baseto moisturise.
  • Seen as though I would wear this makeup for a night out or special occasion I decided to use my BH Cosmetics Camouflage and Concealer palette to contour instead of using a foundation. I used a lighter concealer to highlight and conceal under my eyes, I made an upside down triangle shape using a flat foundation brush, I then applied the same colour on the centre of my forehead, on my chin and down the centre of my nose.
  •  To contour and create shadow I applied the darkest concealer at the hollow of my cheekbones, temples, hairline, jawline and either side of my nose and chin. I applied this with a smaller pointed foundation brush. 
  • To help with blending I dabbed a small amount of concealer which is close to my skin tone to the places where I haven't highlighted or contoured such as my cheeks, this is optional.
  • To finish I used a damp beauty blender to blend the highlighted and contoured areas together, I do this in a dabbing/patting motion to avoid moving the colours to much and losing the effect. 
  • To set the contour/highlight and take away any unwanted shine I dusted on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powder 'Medium Plus'.
  • I then used the bronzer in the Charlotte Tilbury 'Filmstar Bronze & Sculpt' palette to further sculpt and define my cheekbones and and used the highlighter on the top of my cheekbones for a glow. 
  • For blusher I opted for MAC 'Pink Swoon' Powder Blush.


lips

  • To Line my lips I used MAC 'In Anticipation' Lip Pencil. 
  • The Lipstick I used is Chanel Rouge Allure in the colour 'Extatique'.

Thank you for reading and remember my video tutorials are coming soon so if you would like me to recreate this makeup or any other look just let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment